Nutrition education is one of the newest programs in the nutrition department.
For clients who are no longer in need of delivered meals, or for individuals in the community who may not be eligible for our meal service, we offer nutrition and cooking classes. Led by our registered dietitian, these classes are intended to teach clients how to maintain and improve their health through the food choices they make and techniques they use to prepare food at home.
Community Servings is committed to providing nutrition education services for community members and partners. Presentations may be conducted at our facility in Jamaica Plain or in the community. Presentations given by our nutrition department include:
- General nutrition
- Cooking demonstrations -- learn to make quick, healthy, and delicious meals and snacks
- Therapeutic meal planning for hypertension, diabetes, kidney disease, and heart disease
- Heart health and Lipodystrophy
- Food safety
- Healthy eating on a limited budget
- Nutrition and medication/ treatment side effects
- Breast cancer and nutrition
To arrange a special workshop, contact Susie Robertson at (617) 522-7777x221 or email@example.com.