Community Servings offers nutrition education for individuals in the community who are nutritionally vulnerable and for clients who are no longer in need of our delivered meals.
Led by our nutrition team, these classes are intended to teach clients how to maintain and improve their health through the food choices they make and techniques they use to prepare food at home.
We are committed to providing nutrition education services for community members and partners. Presentations may be conducted at our facility in Jamaica Plain or in the community.
Presentations given by our nutrition department include:
- Nutrition 101
- Cooking Demonstrations: Healthy Cooking on a Budget
- Therapeutic Meal Planning for Hypertension, Diabetes, Kidney Disease, and Heart Disease
- Heart Health
- Diabetes Prevention and Management
- Healthy Eating on a Limited Budget
- Breast Cancer & Nutrition
- Family Nutrition
- Farm to Fork: Cooking with Seasonal Produce
- Train-the-Trainer Nutrition Ambassadors Series
To arrange a special workshop, contact Leigh Kalbacker at (617) 522-7777 x207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.